What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a regulated healthcare profession which sees human movement and function as central to the health and well-being of individuals. Our physiotherapist aims to identify and maximise movement potential through health promotion, preventive healthcare, hands-on treatment, rehabilitation and education. Most people throughout their lifetime will encounter a disruption to their normal movement and function because of injury, age, disease, their profession or hobbies which will require treatment and rehabilitation. Whether you’re recovering from an injury, rehabilitating from surgery, managing a chronic condition or seeking performance optimisation, we have the experience and expertise to guide you, using an evidence-based approach, aiming to alleviate pain, improve movement and enhance overall quality of life.
At the start of all physiotherapy programs at Castle Clinic, a thorough in-person assessment is conducted to understand your unique medical history, current condition and goals as well as record baseline measurements. This assessment allows us to make a diagnosis and guides the development of a personalised, progressive and conservative treatment plan aimed at improving your physical function, including strength and mobility, reducing pain and enhancing well-being, whilst often reducing the need for medication or surgical intervention. From common to complex injuries, our expert team are here to help.
Our physiotherapist treats a range of symptoms and conditions, including:
- Sports injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Trapped nerves and sciatica
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Muscle pain
- Tendon injuries such as tennis elbow, Achilles tendon problems and rotator cuff pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Chronic pain
- Assessment and Diagnosis: Our physiotherapist conducts a thorough assessment to pinpoint the root causes of your discomfort. This enables the creation of a targeted treatment plan that addresses your specific needs.
- Manual Therapy: Through hands-on techniques, we provide manual therapy that promotes joint mobility, reduces muscle tension and reduces pain.
- Exercise Prescription: Our evidence-based exercise programs are designed to improve strength, mobility and endurance. We aim to empower you with the tools to continue your progress beyond the clinic.
- Pain Management: We focus on alleviating pain using a combination of techniques such as soft tissue manipulation and mobilisations as well as providing education and advice to maximise your comfort and quality of life.
- Injury Rehabilitation: Whether you’ve experienced a sports-related injury, workplace accident or surgical procedure, we will guide you through a tailored rehabilitation program to facilitate a speedy and safe recovery.
- Specialist Sports Performance Clinics: Our physiotherapist has a special interest in working with runners and golfers of all abilities to improve their biomechanics with the intention of enhancing performance and reducing injury occurrence.
- Preventive Care: We believe in proactive care. Our physiotherapist provides guidance on injury prevention strategies and ergonomic adjustments to help you stay injury free.
Take the first step towards a pain-free life today. Contact Castle Clinic on 01423 797800 or email@example.com to schedule your initial appointment. Meet Jon, our physiotherapist here.